Israeli Pets Bring Comfort Amidst Horror

Sigal Bezborodko

When tragedy strikes, new heroes rise; the war in Israel is no different. Yet, some may look a little different from what one would expect. 

Indeed, after the recent hostage crisis, dogs have emerged as the unexpected heroes.

In the case of the Brodutch family, their dog, Rodney, came to the hospital to welcome home mother Hagar, and kids Ofri, Yuval, and Oriya post-captivity. 

Schneider Children’s Medical Center said in a statement: “The family knew that nothing would make the Brodutch children happier than to see their beloved dog.” 

After accompanying husband and father Avihai to numerous protests demanding the release of his loved ones, Rodney was thrilled to finally reunite with his loving owners. Rodney’s presence not only brought comfort and joy to the freed hostages, but also to those who watched the tearful reunion.

Rodney is not the only furry-friend that eagerly awaited the return of a loved one. Teenager Mia Leimberg was released with her dog, Bella, presumed to be dead. Since her release, Leimberg has been seen clutching her dog. Faced with the utmost depravity, Leimberg managed to persevere with her dog.