NCAA Punishes Michigan for Sign Stealing

The NCAA has decided to suspend Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh for three games after conducting an investigation into the Michigan football team.

While Harbaugh’s role in the scandal is unclear, it is clear that Connor Stallions helped members of the Wolverines coaching staff interpret and decode opposing teams’ sideline signals to predict their play calls. Stallions had been spying on opposing teams for years and developed a 500-600 page document titled “The Michigan Manifesto,” which he updated almost daily.

This scandal has polarized college football fans. Some denounce UMichigan and demand further investigations. 

Senior Lev Roda described the scandal as “a despicable act performed by despicable people who need to be held accountable.” 

On the other hand, senior Ezra Beinart expressed his support for the Wolverines, specifically coach Harbaugh. “There’s a lot of evidence that Ohio fabricated the alleged sign stealing,” Beinart said.

In the meantime, interim head coach Sherrone Moore is taking over for Harbaugh, already having led his team to a 3-0 record, including a victory over their arch-rival Ohio State.