What Do Students Really Think About Heschel Merch?

The Heschel High School Spirit Council has released many different styles of merchandise over the years, including hats, sweatpants, and sweatshirts featuring a variety of logos and colors. Merch is sold at events throughout the year, including Homecoming. 

The student body has varying thoughts about their favorite and least favorite pieces of merch, as well as items they would be interested in purchasing in the future 

Students liked the most recent items sold at Homecoming so much that they sold out in minutes. Freshman Charlotte Zucker said, “The Homecoming merch was the best. Everyone loved it.” Students especially enjoyed the quarter zip pullover with the Heschel logo. They explained that it was a basic, cute design that could be worn both in school and out. Students also appreciated that all proceeds from this sale were donated to Israel and wanted to ensure that future profits will similarly be donated.  

Students also shared notes about items they would like to see in the future and ways to improve Heschel’s merch line. Students said that they would be interested in buying a matching sweatshirt and sweatpant set, a staple for colder weather. They also suggested creating new logos using a variety of colors rather than simply Heschel colors of orange and blue. In addition, students noted a desire for more frequent merch sales, including some in the lobby during lunch or breaks. 

Senior and Spirit Council member Talia Helfstein described some of the council’s primary goals when creating Heschel merchandise. She commented that the goal is to create merch that does not merely feature Heschel colors, is better suited for older students, and is more affordable than the Parents Association merchandise. 

Students undoubtedly appreciate their efforts, evident during Homecoming, where students waited in a line weaving out the door to purchase the limited but affordable merch.  

The Spirit Council works extremely hard to create Heschel merchandise that the student body will love and encourages students to offer their suggestions!