Heschel Ultimate Frisbee Team Gets Off To Fast Start

The Ultimate season has gotten off to a great start for the Heschel Heat. So far they have played seven games and finished the regular season undefeated! 

The Heat won their first game 15-5 in a decisive victory over Bronx Science. Next, the team took on back-to-back city and state champions Brooklyn Tech. With the help of Coaches Anthony Bell and Lev Goordon and senior Captains Max Harnoy and Evan Altman, the Heat were able to battle through the rain and came out victorious with a final score of 12-7. The game featured key performances from junior Nathaniel Freidman, who was able to throw four points within the first half, and senior Yoni Benischou, who was also able to score several points.  

The team’s next game was against Beacon. The weather could not have been worse as players had to overcome freezing cold and rainy conditions. Despite the terrible conditions, the team was able to rally together and win this game by a score of 15-7. The next game was against Brooklyn Latin. The team coasted to a 15-8 victory, featuring points from freshman Ezra Tiven Gottesman and sophomore Ethan Margolis, along with several assists from sophomores Rose Harnoy and Jack Steinburg.

The next game was against Bard. The Heat won with a final score of 15-6 with the final point being scored by sophomore Zachary Altman. 

The sixth game was against Styvusant. This game was full of questionable calls from the stuyvesant players, but the Heat were still able to remain undefeated with a final score of 14-5. The game featured sophomore Liam Barlev’s first touchdown, as well as several points scored by senior Rafi Katz. 

The Heat clinched the division, and, after Passover, will move to the post season playoffs.