Hockey Team Ends An Amazing Season

On May 3rd, the Heschel indoor hockey team geared up for its anticipated game against SAR. Coming out of a tough loss against them in the regular season, Heschel knew it would have to give the game their all in order to secure a win.

Going into the first period, Heschel was surprisingly up 1-0, even with the absence of  their Head Coa

ch Isaac Dweck. Assistant Coach Jonathan took over and was determined to lead the team to victory using similar strategies taught during practice.

By the end of the second period, the score was 3-2 with Heschel leading. The pressure was on to kee

p up the pace so the team could advance to the second round of the playoffs.

Unfortunately, during the third quarter, Heschel lost some traction and SAR tied the score. Since this was a playoff game, the game continued with  sudden death style periods.

Heschel put up a great fight, leading the

game into double overtime, though SAR scored a goal through a breakaway. 

Even though Heschel suffered a tough loss, Junior Captain Miriam Gross said, “the game was so intense a

nd fun. [It was a] great end to the season in my opinion.” “There were so many intense practices and games that really paid off and we were able to demonstrate our talents during this game. My hope for next season is that we are as good as we were this year!”