Heschel Baseball Finishes Regular Season

The Heschel baseball team has begun to dominate the Yeshiva League after a few early-season hiccups.

After gut-wrenching losses to SAR and Frisch to start the season, the Heat got their first win of the year against HANC on Sunday, April 14, in a nail-biter. Tied 1-1 through six innings, HANC threatened in the top of the seventh with the bases loaded and two outs, but sophomore PJ Abramson was able to get a crucial strikeout to keep the score tied. In the bottom of the inning, sophomore Nate Abramson was able to drive junior Jonah Gross home to win the game in walk-off fashion. 

Next, the Heat took on their crosstown rival, Ramaz. Motivated to start a win streak, the Heat scored 12 runs in the first in

ning, capped off by junior Samson Furst’s bases-loaded double.

The Heat put up another impressive score when they 

went out to Long Island to play HAFTR. After being up 4-2 for most of the game, the Heat broke the game open in the fifth, with a PJ Abramson run-scoring single, and then a triple from junior Sammy Fisher that brought in another three runs.

After a tough loss to DRS coming down to the last batter, the Heat looked to bounce back against North Shore and Flatbu

sh. However, North Shore and Flatbush were not up for the challenge and both decided to forfeit. The Heat finished the season 5-3 and the second seed in their conference

Center Fielder Samson Furst said, “It’s been a roller coaster of a season, but we are excited to be in the playoffs and we feel like we can run the table.”