Summer in the City is Back!

Spring has sprung, and summer is just around the corner, which means that New York City is reopening exciting outdoor activities in the arts and culinary fields!

All summer, you can check out Free Summer Movies in locations across the city, screening films for kids, families, and young adults. One of the best venues is the Rooftop Film Club atop the Skylawn Embassy Suites. The club projects hundreds of movies from all genres, including action, rom-com, and horror. Some popular showings are The Perks of Being a Wallflower, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Pulp Fiction.

For foodies, there is no shortage of food fairs to attend throughout all five boroughs. The renowned Smorgasburg has reopened in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, known for its vibrant environment and the plethora of cuisines to try! Every Sunday, the market offers cuisines from around the world sourced from local food purveyors.

The Uptown Night Market has also returned! On West 133rd St and 12th Ave (Under the Arches), this exhilarating food and live music festival is packed every other Thursday from April to October.

Next, be sure to check out the Blues BBQ Festival on August 13th from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Pier 76. Enjoy delicious barbeque street food while listening to live blues music by talented artists!
For theater fans, Shakespeare in the Park is staging Hamlet this summer. Tickets are free, and performances will be located at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park.

Finally, head to Bryant Park for Picnic Performances all summer long. Free of charge, you can enjoy productions across the arts, including music and dance.

But, most importantly, enjoy your time off and relax! Take a walk in the park, visit Coney Island, spend time with your friends, and have an amazing summer!