Boys Varsity Basketball Team Dominates Yeshiva League

For the first time in years, Heschel’s boys varsity basketball team is a dominant force in the Yeshiva League.

Having vanquished Ohr Yisroel, JEC, Rambam, and TABC, the Heat, 4-0, looked unstoppable. 

In their fifth game, a highly anticipated rivalry matchup, the Heat lost to Ramaz. Though a tough defeat, Heschel knew they could bounce back, still secure in the top spot of their division.

On Nov. 21, the middle school gym was packed as the Heat dominated Kushner in a 69-16 win. With that, the Heat improved to a staggering 5-1.

A major component to the Heat’s success is newly hired coach Ethan Nardone, who has brought a certain professionalism to the team. With great knowledge, spirit, and care, coach Nardone is the backbone of the Heat’s success and is ready to face the challenges that lie ahead. 

When speaking about his coach, junior Nati Eshaghoff said, “Our coach always says that the next game is our Super Bowl, and I think that mindset is a key to success as a team. One game at a time.” 

Along with Coach Nardone, each and every player has a great desire to win. They want Heschel to reign victorious once more and will do anything to make that happen. The Heat have been phenomenal so far, and Helios can not wait to see what happens next! LETS GO HEAT!