Dress Your Feet With the Best Shoes on the Street

Ayelet Spevack ’25

What is one thing that no one can leave the house without? If you are thinking of a good attitude, then you are right, but also, more importantly…shoes!!! Undoubtedly, finding a fashionable pair of sneakers that provide the comfort necessary to walk to school and run around in gym class is imperative to a successful school day.

According to a school-wide survey, the most popular sneaker brand is Nike, followed by New Balance and Converse. These brands retail numerous stylish, comfortable, and durable sneakers that are excellent to wear in and out of school.

Freshman Georgia Bregman raved about the Nike Reverse UCLA’s, saying: “I wear them to school every single day, and I even play soccer in them after school. They’re great for everything.” She also commented on their durability and was impressed that they have lasted her nine months and “still look good as new.”

Another Nike crowd favorite are the Jordan 1’s, which are versatile, comfortable, and offer many exciting color combinations. Junior Malka Aderman-Alcorn is an avid shoe fan and owns many pairs of Jordan sneakers, including Jordan 4’s, Jordan 5’s, and the Pharrell NMDs. However, her all-time favorite pair are the Fusion Red Jordan 1’s. She not only loves the bright red and yellow color scheme and comfort the shoes provide, but also their versatility. Aderman-Alcorn remarked, “I really enjoy wearing them with a good old pair of leggings and a sweatshirt or jeans. But I also like wearing them with sweatpants to turn a casual outfit cute.” 

Freshman Noa Glimer similarly boasted about her Chicago Bull Jordan 1’s, which sport a slightly different color combination of red, black, and white. She agreed with Aderman-Alcorn regarding the ample styling options the shoe offers, and added, “I love the shoes because I love Michael Jordan.”

Nike sneakers are also Sophomore Daphne Stifelman’s favorite; however, she prefers a slightly simpler sneaker look. Stifelman remarked that she loves Air Force 1’s because “you know they last; they have a thick material and a thick sole.” 

New Balance and Converse are also two excellent brands that retail sneaker options for students looking for comfortable, trendy shoes. Senior Ariella Kaplan raved that the Low Top Platform White Converse are versatile, durable, and have an added bonus of “making me taller.” Sophomore Sadie Jacobson is a big fan of the New Balance 550s because of their pink and white color scheme, as well as their high comfort and mobility level. Jacobson commutes to school every day from Brooklyn and commented that “they are the perfect shoes for a commuter. I have worn them in snow, rain, and hail, and they are still in good shape.”

If you pick one of these exceptional sneaker options, you will not be disappointed!!