Heschel Girls’ JV and Varsity Volleyball Teams Start the Season Strong

Heschel’s junior varsity and varsity volleyball teams are at the start of a promising new season, with a roster driven to win and an electrifyingly close bunch of first matches. Sophomore varsity player Mai Yifrakh said, “we win some, we lose some,” though Yifrakh also expressed her belief that the team is making strides towards a great season.

Meanwhile, sophomore Rose Harnoy claims the JV team is “full of skill and determined to win the championship.” The junior varsity team’s enthusiasm is shared by its new coach, former UCLA volleyball player Felix Puño. While the team is going to have to put up some strong numbers before Harnoy is proven correct, they’ve started the season strong, winning their first two games. 

These victories came after a considerable amount of pre-season training. “The amount the players have improved since the pre-season began has been massive, and that’s been my goal here [at Heschel],” Coach Puño asserted. Sophomore Eden Litt also cited how close the team is on the court, which she said has been integral to their success.