Senior Stars Shine Light on Bright Future of Varsity Soccer at Heschel

Soccer at Heschel has been growing since the creation of the girls’ varsity team in 2022 and continues trending up.

Despite a disappointing loss in the semi-finals to Stony Brook, the eventual champions, senior Sam Steiner said that the Heschel boys’ soccer team has “a bright future with some very talented underclassmen.” Steiner described the season as one defined by “dominant wins, great efforts, and even better memories.” When prompted to describe the season in one word, Steiner instantly said, “spirited!”

The future is bright for the girls’ varsity team as well. Senior Sylvia Zeltzer said, “It was incredible to see the team’s progression over the past four years. When I was a freshman, we didn’t have a girls’ team, and I was one of the three girls playing on the boys’ team. We had a winless season last year, and now we have made the playoffs and finished third in our league. There’s a bright future for girls soccer at Heschel.” 

We thank our Seniors for their tireless work on the soccer teams and look forward to more electric seasons in years to come!